- “The Body: A Guide for Occupants” by Bill Bryson
- “How to Invent Everything: A Survival Guide for the Stranded Time Traveler” by Ryan North
- “The Evolution of Everything” by Matt Ridley
- “The Joy of Leadership: How Positive Psychology Can Maximize Your Impact in a Challenging World” by Tal Ben-Shahar and Angus Ridgway
- “The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom” by Jonathan Haidt
Top Posts & Pages
Embracing a Learning… on The Armed Forces Officer 2017… Embracing a Learning… on Extreme Ownership Fundamentals Embracing a Learning… on “Extreme Ownership… “Battle Leader… on Friction in War & Lif… “Battle Leader… on “Blink—The Power of Thinking W…
Category Archives: Lifestyle
Thank you to all of the parents, friends, and mentors that shared these words of advice with us before the birth of our first child. I managed to make it through the first year without knowing these sage words existed … Continue reading
Resources control our lives. Money is the most tangible of these resources but so often we forget that we trade our most valuable resource for money, and that is our time. Much like real estate, there is a finite … Continue reading
Be there. Above and beyond everything else! Love and enjoy your most wonderful, interesting, and fascinating child.
The baby will arrive little, naked, and without instructions. Don’t worry though because you will be given lots of advice from family and friends. Just thank them, remember the helpful bits, and let the rest go. Enjoy your little gift … Continue reading
Cultivate an early love for reading; make books part of your everyday routine. Read chapter books aloud in addition to children’s books. Make weekly trips to the library as a fun, family affair.
Keep a bottle of wine or vodka on the chill. A relaxed parent is always a happy parent. ‘No’ is a good word to use frequently.
Grab ‘quiet moments’ whenever and wherever you can.