With the Super Bowl quickly approaching I moved up this post to today. I read this article on Men’s Health when I was going through a difficult time in my life. The full article really helped me put things into perspective. Sometimes our journey doesn’t always work out the way we plan it and where we end up is somewhere unexpected. Making the best of those detours and finding hope in the unfortunate circumstances that creep into our lives has the ability to make us stronger. Finding that strength takes introspection. Unfortunately, I did not give myself enough time for that introspection during this difficult time, and I regret that. But I cannot change the past. I can make the best of what I’m given today. Regardless of whether you are cheering for the Seahawks or the Pats, you can’t help but respect the drive, dedication, and pursuit of perfection by Tom Brady.
- “When they make it the hardest, and you still overcome it, that’s the best opportunity.”
- How hard are you willing to work?
- “Which is why he continues to pursue new ways to eradicate his flaws instead of simply adapting to them.”
- Navigate the highs and lows without cracking.
- Perfection and efficiency are artificial states of being. Leave perfection alone and it will degrade.
- Commitment to the team is ultimately what binds a leader to those he leads.
- Being a perfectionist means that you care enough about what you do to do it better.